Tribute to a Friend

Monday, September 21, 2009

Following the form of a dear friend who has decided to walk on earth I have been inspired to create a list of things that are currently making me happy:

- bringing a grapefruit to work for lunch (and feeling like a child with jam hands afterward)
- finding an over-sized magazine in the trash that is perfect for envelope making
- hand-clap games
- paper crane mobiles
- re-visiting letters from dear friends
- hearing the life story of a complete stranger
- falafel with my fellow basement dweller
- finally figuring out which flower is my favorite (i firmly believe that queen anne's lace puts all other flowers to shame)
- sitting crisscross applesauce
- running with scissors and feeling like a rebel
- pondering a tattoo and really feeling like a rebel
- worm farms
- landscapes, skyscrapes, and escapes

6 comments:

Holly,  September 23, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

YESYESYES hand games! *begins looking around for someone to play them with her*

I had to look up "crisscross applesauce." Hurhur.

Q,  September 23, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

If Holly and Beth are here, I'm here.

I now want to make a paper crane mobile, probably out of nice origami paper and chopsticks. *ponders*

Queen Anne's lace?! I adore it! It's so perfectly lovely when it covers hillsides.

I like you already. *subscribes*

the rogue hobbit,  September 24, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

Oh, how wonderful! I am so grateful to already have some new bloggy friends! Holly is a very dear friend and I am glad to connect with others that know her!

Q- I like the chopsticks idea! As for me, I have found that hangers and string have worked wonders!

JAMIE,  September 26, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

"crisscross applesauce, hands in your lap" is what i have to tell all the kinder kids at my work. pondering tattoos is fabulous and i think you should really just go for it! but be careful because you'll definitely want some more =]

Every time it rains she just feels a lot better...,  September 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

You're writing! It's delightful to find another way to keep up with you my dear, since I am so bad at letter and phone correspondence.

Post a Comment